10 Facts About The Spanish Language
The number of countries where Spanish is spoken is greater than most people think! There so many opportunities to meet Spanish speaking people and to engage in valuable conversations even in the comfort of your armchair, thanks to the Internet.
How many of these facts did you know?
- Spanish is the second world language as a vehicle of international communication and the third as an international language of politics, economics and culture.
- About 400 million people in the world speak Spanish as their first language.
- The demand for Spanish courses has doubled world-wide in ten years.
- Spanish is the official language in 21 countries.
- Approximately another 100 million people speak Spanish as a second language.
- Spanish is expected to be the first language of 50% of the population of the United States within 50 years.
- Spanish is the most popular foreign language to learn in America and Europe.
- Today Spanish is an official language of the UN and its institutions, the European Union and her international institutions.
- The Spanish language is used world-wide on the Internet.
- Latin American countries are experiencing constant economic growth and because of that, are becoming more important as trading partners.
Why You Could Enjoy Speaking Spanish
When you like traveling around the world, are curious about other cultures, you are likely to be attracted to a Spanish language country!
Whether you travel from your armchair via movies and documentaries or you actually visit the country, you multiply the enjoyment you get from that activity when you understand how people think, their culture and, above all, you are able to communicate! Why let yourself feel frustrated because you cannot be as autonomous as you would like during your travels, or because you are missing out on some benefits of your trip? Don’t let your lack of Spanish skills spoil your holiday or your social contacts.
Learning Spanish Is Within Your Reach
Almaje offers Spanish classes for travelers, beginners and intermediate students who want to know basics or to progress further and refresh some rusty knoweldge. If you have not got the time to come to Camberwell, we make our Spanish course available to busy people via individual tuition on Skype.
In both cases you get the full benefit of learning with a tutor who has lived many years in Spanish speaking countries and loves the language.
Check our Spanish classes here