Holidays Are Over! It Is Time Again For Some French Conversation
Next Friday, February 3 at 1pm we are resuming the sessions of our French conversation club.
We call them “Snack&Chat” because that is exactly what we do: Your host Marilyne leads you through a friendly conversation, in French, over nibbles and tea or coffee. The topics vary from week to week, the pleasure is constant. Our participants’ experience shows that you learn something new every time. And you have the opportunity to practice new ticks safely with friends!
Is This Snack&Chat French Conversation Club Right For You?
Ask yourself these questions and you’ll know how good the fit is
- Do you love the French language and culture?
- Is your mind active and curious, keen to keep learning?
- Are you at an intermediate or advanced level of competency in French?
- Could you feel more confident and relaxed when meeting French speakers?
- Would you like to better follow the dialogues in French TV programs or movies?
- Are you friendly and supportive of others who love French?
- Is central Camberwell (opposite the station) a convenient location for you?
- AND do you have a spare hour or 2 on Friday at lunch time?
Expect to walk away from each weekly session feeling a bit more French! Re-energised, you feel keener than ever to immerse yourself in the French experience of your choice. When you attend regularly, you build your confidence to listen to interviews or songs in French; and you’ll dare to watch documentaries, movies in French without subtitles. It does not happen overnight but even if you can only attend some weeks, you can progress and feel motivated.
You will find our core group of regulars and Maryline all very welcoming and supportive. Men and women of all ages and backgrounds are welcome. Diversity makes the conversation richer and more entertaining!
So What Do You Need To Do?
If you have never attended and are unsure about the value of Almajes’ Snack&Chat for you, get in touch with Marilyne. She will be happy to discuss with you the fit between your skill level and the current group’s.
If you are ready to attend, simply turn up on Friday in time for the conversation. Unlike the structured classes, you do not need to book, nor pay in advance. And you don’t need to commit for a whole term at a time. The Snack&Chat French Conversation Club runs on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Read more about it here
See you there!