Here is a list of questions that we are often asked. If your question is not here, please do contact us instead and we’ll be pleased to answer your query about any of our services.
How do I enrol?
Enrolling on-line is easy
- Choose the program you want; if there are options, click on the one you want .
- Then click on the Add-to-cart button
- Follow the instructions to pay
- You MUST ALSO fill the enrolment form as you will be directed to do on the screen, every time you enrol in a class. This ensures in particular that your emergency contact details are up to date in our database.
Can I pay by the session, rather than for the whole term?
Yes you can, for some of the courses. Note that if you want to take advantage of the pre-paid bonus deals, you must pay the whole term upfront. We do not accept deposits nor installments. Please note that full payment for the term is to be received at least 2 working days before the first class/lesson of the term. We reserve the right to cancel lessons if payment has not been made in due time.
What payment methods do you accept?
We prefer online payments as this streamlines our process and we have very little time between classes. All online payments are handled by Paypal. You can use your credit card or pay from a bank account. We can also accept EFT (ask us the details), cheques (made Almaje) and cash payments prior to a private session or a group class when you want to pay extra session. Help us make this process efficient.
What happens if I get sick, cannot attend, have to cancel?
24 hours notice is required for any change unless there is an unexpected illness or event in which case notification must be received before 11.00am on the day of tutoring. Failure to provide the required notice will result in the full fee being charged.
A tutor will wait for a private tutoring/coaching student for 10 minutes from the start time of a tutoring session. If a student does not arrive by that time the session will be considered cancelled with no advice and the student will be charged for the session. Lateness reduces the time available for tuition. It is a student’s repsonsibility to be on time. No refund is available in case of lateness.
A private lesson may be rescheduled provided that 1 working day notice (Monday 9.30 am to Saturday 1 pm) is given. Rescheduling is subject to tutor and classroom availability. Please contact Almaje as early as possible.
If you are enrolled in a group class, and become unavailable during the term, we do not give refunds. We will discuss the situation with you and suggest how we may still help you achieve your French goals, depending on the circumstances.
How many students are there in the groups?
Group sizes vary between 5 and 12 (unless specifically stated in a program presentation page). Almaje Scholae Linguae reserves the right to cancel a class if enrolment does not meet the minimum requirement of students (5) by the start of the term. Fees will be fully refunded.
Do you provide tutoring outside of Camberwell?
- We run most classes at our Camberwell study rooms. If you can never come to Camberwell, consider our Internet solution.
- If you are temporarily unable to attend your normal coaching or tutoring program as a result of illness or accident, please talk with us so we can work out an alternative solution – via Skype or other method
- We are considering opening additional central venues for some programs or events in 2016. Check the notice board on the homepage
- We do go to some schools for VCE support programs organised with the school teachers. If this is of interest to you as a teacher, please contact us to discuss how we can make it easier for you to help your students get top results
- If you are a business looking to organise a team course, talk to us about your requirements in terms of the program, method and location.
How to connect with Almaje for Successful Skype Video Calls
3 easy steps if you are already a Skype user
- Agree and schedule your video call with your tutor/coach
- Request a contact connection to Almaje in the Skype contact menu, PRIOR TO your first Almaje video call.
- Organise yourself in time for the call, for an effective session:
- Set yourself up in a quiet room where there will be no disruption, and you can focus fully on the call
- Prepare your books, your work, your questions…
- Grab your headset (using one eliminates unwanted background noises)
- Open Skype and Click on the video call button at the time of your scheduled call. Punctuality is as essential as when you come to the study room.
Your extra step, if you have never used Skype before
- You can use a desktop computer or a laptop or a tablet.
- If your device does not have a built-in camera, obtain a webcam, they are quite affordable these days.
- Equip yourself with a headphone/microphone headset.
- The quality of the video call is typically good on all brooadband, cable and wifi tablet connections. It may be just a little slower on mobile tablet connections. Session quality will be a function of the quality of your internet connection on the day. On the rare occasion that the video call is not good enough on the day, we can always switch to an audio call. We will guide you though that easy process.