Snack & Chat – General French Conversation For Adults
All levels welcome
1 hour sessions Friday 9:30am-10:30am
Term 1: 31/1/22 – 8/4/22 (10 weeks)
Almaje Languages private, semi-private and group tuition is as effective and enjoyable as ever and COVID-safe, as you meet our tutors on Zoom video-calls or face-to-face when COvid regulations permit..
We offer 2 series of conversation groups on alternate weeks. Combine both for a regular weekly chat in French:
SERIE A – ZOOM 5×1 hour of casual conversation – You need to register so you can receive the Zoom link, but you attend all or only some classes as you wish
Dates: 11/2, 25/2, 11/3, 25/3, 8/4
SERIE B – FACE-TO-FACE (Surrey Hills) 5×1 hour conversation including predefined topics (preliminary reading provided). If Covid situation does not permit face-to-face, the class(es) will run on Zoom – You need to book for the whole term (5 classes).
Dates: 4/2, 18/2, 4/3, 18/3, 1/4
5 Reasons To Join Our “Snack & Chat” General French Conversation Club
You can have so many reasons to practice French weekly in a relaxed way and very French ambiance.
- Keep up your French in between trips to France
- Be able to speak with friends and family who visit you in Australia
- Increase your confidence when speaking with other francophiles
- Improve your oral comprehension so you can enjoy French movies and TV shows without needing on the subtitles
- Take up every chance to have fun in French
Whatever your motivation, you are not alone! Our “Snack & Chat” French Conversation Club members say they join to
- Overcome their anxiety about speaking French
- Speak more naturally
- Distinguish between similar sounds more easily
- Better understand native speakers, even those who “speak too fast”
- Stop feeling isolated and frustrated in a social or work conversation that feels “too hard”
- Be able to express their opinions and sustain an in-depth conversation in social and work contexts
How Almaje General French Conversation Club Equips You For All Occasions
Each session is like a full immersion in the French culture and language you love, in a friendly, stimulating gathering of diverse yet like-minded people. Almaje tutors guide the conversation around topic of interest to the group, helping you overcome any intimidation. You can learn to engage into a natural chat in “real French”, the way French people speak.
We help you find the right words at the right time, use confidently the French idioms and colloquialisms that have been bothering you.
You build your listening skills and your speaking capability. And you put in practice the grammar and vocabulary that you learn more formally in our French for adults classes.
You May Also Enjoy These Other Courses And Events
French For Adults Classes
Word games in French
Scrabble® Or Bananagrams®
2022 French In France
Register your interest