Mastering French Grammar, Comprehension And Expression
Practice makes perfect!
All levels from Year 5 to year 10
1 hour classes weekly (see schedule)
Term 1: 28/1 – 27/3 – 8 weeks
Tuesday-Friday Groups 5+ students: $270
Mini-groups 4/3/2 students: $337.50 /$450 /$675
Monday Groups 5+ students: $$210
Monday Mini-groups 4/3/2 students: $262.50 /$350 /$525
Mid term start is possible
Your Objectives Are Diverse
You want to help your child achieve better and faster results in French and gain extra skills extending what your son or daughter learns at school. In fact, you may have specific objectives in mind:
- enabling your child to access an accelerated French program within their school, typically for the start of year 7 or 9
- securing a place in a bilingual school
- helping your children get the grammar basics right early; That way they can nip bad habits in the bud before they become really hard to fix.
- improving oral comprehension and communication skills
- building your children’s confidence ahead of exams; or reduce their stress when school just feels too challenging
3 Reasons To Join Our French Classes
Private tutoring is great for addressing individual challenges, as it is totally customised to the needs of each student; and our experienced tutors can coach students, equip them with effective study methodologies and re-engage them with their studies.
Semi-private groups of 2 to 4 students still provide personalised support. They make it easy to overcome the complexities of the French language and to practice oral comprehension and expression. They are very effective when a few friends are happy to study together and have a similar skill level. It can be very motivating!
Classes and workshops provide a different opportunity: Working with a small group of 5 to 8 students facing common difficulties and eliminating doubts and errors through intensive practice of the different skills required to achieve great results. They make it easy to overcome the complexities of the French language and to practice oral comprehension and expression.
French Classes Focused On Students Common Needs
Our small French classes follow the Victorian curriculum for each term. They are designed to complement the teacher’s work and enable students to better understand what the teacher explains in class.
With the increasing standards of exam questions and the challenging curriculum, teachers simply don’t have the time to do everything. And there is never enough time to practice comprehension and expression!
At Almaje we can help each small group understand, practice and build all their skills. When we give homework, it is to help students
- embed the grammar essentials,
- practice conjugating,
- acquire vocabulary
- and improve their school ability to deal with exams and assignments.
At each year level we address specific challenges and opportunities:
- Our Year 5-6 classes are about preparing for the exams for entry into accelerated French programs and bilingual French Australian schools. As the exam is in May it is good to start tutoring sessions in year 5. Continuing i year 6, allows your child to feel confident when starting the year in a new school with different expectations and teaching processes.
- In our classes for Year 7 (standard), and for accelerated Year 7 and Year 8, the focus is on developing confidence and excellence
- Typically our Year 9 and 10 classes aim to extend skills to secure the chance to do French VCE units
Although we currently schedule classes at weekends, please feel free to enquire about other possible times and locations in other Eastern suburbs. Contact Almaje if you want to start a semi-private group with your child and some friends, from the same school or from different schools.