Small French Classes
You want to help your child achieve better and faster results in French and gain extra skills extending what your son or daughter learns at school. In fact, you may have specific objectives in mind:
- enabling your child to access an accelerated French program within their school, typically for the start of year 7 or 9
- securing a place in a bilingual school
- helping your children get the grammar basics right early; That way they can nip bad habits in the bud before they become really hard to fix.
- improving oral comprehension and communication skills
- building your children’s confidence ahead of exams; or reduce their stress when school just feels too challenging
At Almaje we offer many forms of French tutoring: They include private, semi-private tutoring and small classes. All these options can all deliver great results.
Of course private tuition is ideal as it is totally customised to the needs of each student; and our experienced tutors can coach students, equip them with effective study methodologies and re-engage them with their studies.
Semi-private groups of 2 to 4 students still provide personalised support. They are very effective when a few friends are happy to study together and have a similar skill level. It can be very motivating!
Small classes of 5 to 8 students still give students the benefit of some personalised attention. They make it easy to overcome the complexities of the French language and to practice oral comprehension and expression.
French Classes Focused On Students Common Needs
These small French classes follow the Victorian curriculum for each term. They are designed to complement the teacher’s work and enable students to better understand what the teacher explains in class.
With the increasing standards of exam questions and the challenging curriculum, teachers simply don’t have the time to do everything. And there is never enough time to practice comprehension and expression!
At Almaje we can help each small group understand, practice and build all their skills. When we give homework, it is to help students
- embed the grammar essentials,
- practice conjugating,
- acquire vocabulary
- and improve their school ability to deal with exams and assignments.
Each year level brings challenges and opportunities to students.
- Our Year 5-6 classes are about preparing for the exams for entry into accelerated French programs and bilingual French Australian schools.
- In our classes for Year 7 (standard), and for accelerated Year 7 and Year 8, the focus is on developing confidence and excellence
- Typically our Year 9 and 10 classes aim to extend skills to secure the chance to do French VCE units
Although we currently schedule classes at weekends, please feel free to enquire about other possible times and locations, Contact Marilyn if you want to start a semi-private group with your child and some friends, from the same school or from different schools.