French Grammar Practice Eliminates Silly Mistakes
Many students need to get the essential basics right to get the marks they want at VCE or IB. Your grammatical mistakes can cost you a lot of points that you cannot afford to waste. Regular French grammar practice and learning a good memorising process make grammar become simple. Smart guided practice by a “French Pro” enables you to avoid costly mistakes easily.
Focused Grammar Workouts Win Points
We design our grammar group workouts around VCE and IB exams requirements. They are challenging and push each student to a higher level of understanding and competence. And because we know grammar seems like hard work to many people, we make our workouts practical and fun. Yes, you can enjoy grammar and your progressive wins over previously frustrating hurdles! And the more you practice, the easier it gets. Going through practical exercises, often in a game format, and with a small group makes you progress faster.
You learn to identify the errors when you are reviewing a text. Good grammar also becomes “automatic”, building your confidence to write smarter sentences and to speak without hesitation.
If you want to get rid of your “subjunctivitis” and any other grammar “bête noire”, our French grammar practice workouts are an easy way to do it!
Practice Every Grammar Challenge During The Year
Every Tuesday we focus on one of the grammar challenges that stress most students and we do that in a sequence that makes sense relative to what your your teachers is progressively expecting from you at school..
For instance, during Term 1 we cover:
- Week 1: the basic concepts of the French grammar.
We will review the nine parts of the discourse (nouns, verbs, adjectives …) and practice the agreements of nouns and verbs. Practical activities will include: Observation from texts and immediate practice, dictation and proof-reading.
- Week 2: The French tenses and their uses are under the microscope this week.
- Week 3: Adjectives : The different types of adjectives; Agreement and placement of adjectives
- Week 4: You will work on adverbs and the expression of time, frequency and location. You will also work on linking words to structure your essays.
- Week 5: Direct and indirect pronouns and the order of object pronouns.
- Week 6: This class will help you understand and use relative pronouns in order to build complex sentences
- Week 7: you will revise how to talk about past events, we will focus on passé compose and imparfait.
- Week 8: the imperative mood, its uses, formation and the imperative of pronominal verbs. (last class of Term 1)
Plan Your French Grammar Practice – Sunday Workouts
To be effective, French grammar practice must be regular. So our grammar workouts run every Tuesday of each Year 12 term! Plan to be there! Check out our Tuesday calendar:
Our Tuesday French workouts also offer the option of one hour of French conversation VCE. By attending both, you can accelerate your progress and get a solid edge for your VCE.
Note: An early start significantly eases the pressure of exam years and gives students a real edge. Don’t wait until the last minute! It puts unnecessary stress on you. Don’t wait for the next term, Start any time, as early as possible.